- Alternatives to trans fats - there exists a wide range of alternatives to trans fats, or rather to the hydrogenated oils which are the source of most trans fats. We list the main contenders here for the benefit of consumers and the food industry.
- Trans Fat and Health Discussion - a forum. Set up in February 2005, it looks like a good place for people to browse, put questions, etc.
- Vegetarians and trans fats - many vegetarians may be eating above-average volumes of trans fats in processed food products. We believe that the Vegetarian Society should restrict the use of its logo to protect the health of vegetarians.
- Organic food and trans fats - are hydrogenated fats banned from organic food? Read the definitive replies from the UK Government and the Soil Association.
- Face the fats - article highlighting the dangers of trans fats by tfX founder Oliver Tickell. Daily Express Health Section, 27 July 2004.
- Natural trans fats. Some trans fats occur naturally, for example in meat and dairy products. However al the evidence indicates that these natural trans fats are not harmful to health.
- Chemistry of trans fats - a more technical look at what transfats are and how they are formed.
- Where will I find trans fats - in short, all over the place... from ice cream to cream crackers to fish & chips. Never be afraid to ask, always read the label.
- What are transfats?
This website is automatically published and maintained using 2tix.net.